Online Attorney-Client Agreement
Customized Real Estate Rent Repayment Plan
1. PARTIES AND FORMATION OF ATTORNEY-CLIENT AGREEMENT: This Attorney-Client agreement has been entered into between the client who acknowledges this agreement ("Client") and authorizes Michael E. Byczek, an Illinois attorney, ("Attorney") to represent him/her/them, and Attorney, who has agreed to provide Client the below described legal services.
This written agreement is provided to Client through the Attorney's online store (www.byczeklaw.com) as part of a virtual legal office. Client was informed prior to sending payment to read and acknowledge this agreement. Confirmation of acknowledgement shall be sent via email to both Attorney and Client after Client enters his/her name through a website form and clicks the submit button.
An attorney-client relationship does not exist until both payment is received and this attorney-client agreement is acknowledged. If Client sends payment without acknowledging this agreement, Attorney shall provide an opportunity for Client to do so both online and in paper-format.
If the owner or tenant involves more than one person (i.e. married couple renting an apartment), each must submit their own separate written attorney-client agreement.
CLIENT IS INFORMED NOT TO SEND PAYMENT UNLESS ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN THAT HE/SHE UNDERSTANDS THE LEGAL SERVICES BEING REQUESTED AND THAT THESE SERVICES ARE ONLY AVAILABLE TO ILLINOIS RESIDENTS OR FOR REAL ESTATE LOCATED IN ILLINOIS.
Attorney shall provide Client with every reasonable opportunity to acknowledge the attorney-client agreement if payment is sent first.
2. SCOPE OF LEGAL REPRESENTATION: Client represents that he/she/they are legally authorized to enter into a rent repayment plan as either the tenant or landlord of leased real estate located in Illinois. Attorney shall provide a customized contract that is intended to help avoid eviction through an agreement for the tenant to repay unpaid rent to the landlord. Attorney shall also provide a cover letter and any supporting documents required to enforce the repayment plan.
Legal services are limited to a written agreement between the parties and does not involve any court action or judicial intervention during an eviction proceeding. The parties are intended to use this rent repayment plan to avoid eviction or dismiss the case on their own behalf.
The Rent Repayment Plan shall include a mandatory notary section for both landlord and tenant to prevent online fraud. The document is not legal or effective until the document is notarized. A notary is not required by law, but Michael E. Byczek includes the provision to prevent identity theft or secret contracts. Instead of only notarizing the last page of a multi-page document (if applicable), having each page individually notarized offers the best precaution against somebody switching pages.
Under this attorney-client agreement, Attorney shall provide Client with documents for one-time personal use. Representation ends when all documents are delivered to Client.
After payment is received, Client shall be given access to a secure file sharing and collaboration platform. It is through this collaborative platform that Attorney shall request the necessary details to complete the documents. The finalized document shall be uploaded to the collaborative platform for Client to securely download the files. All documents and files that are part of these legal services are transferred between Attorney and Client through a secure collaborative file sharing platform.
3. LIMITATION OF ATTORNEY DUTIES: Attorney shall, through professional courtesy, answer reasonable questions from Client about the documents. Attorney shall not answer any question that extends beyond clarification or constitutes general legal advice about a real estate lease. Client acknowledges that they are otherwise solely responsible for completing any blank provisions, making payments, and resolving any outstanding eviction proceeding that may have already been initiated. Attorney shall not provide any additional legal services once Client receives the uncompleted document.
4. LEGAL FEES: Client shall pay Attorney an upfront flat-fee of $49 prior to delivery of the above described documents. All documents shall be delivered via a secure collaborative file sharing platform.
Only one fee is required (a total of $49) regardless of how many individuals are involved with ownership, with regard to each submitting their own written agreement. It doesn't matter who sends the payment. Only one payment of $49 is required per rent repayment package.
5. CLIENT REPRESENTATIONS: Client represents that they are the owner or tenant of real estate located in Illinois. Client further represents that they intend to use the documents obtained from Attorney for lawful purposes.
Prospective clients are instructed not to request legal services, sign this agreement, or send any payment if they do not own or lease the real estate.
An attorney cannot be required to engage in conduct which is illegal, unethical, or fraudulent. An attorney who cannot ethically abide by a client's directions shall be allowed to withdraw from representation.
6. TERMINATION OF ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP: Client may terminate this agreement at any time for any reason through written notice. Attorney reserves the right to withdraw from representing Client in certain limited circumstances, such as Client's refusal to provide requested information.
7. COMMUNICATION BETWEEN ATTORNEY AND CLIENT: Client consents for Attorney to contact them through text message, phone call, email, social media, or postal service. All notices that are required by this agreement shall be in writing, which includes email. Digital signatures satisfy any signature requirement. Client shall be truthful in all discussions with Attorney and provide all information or documentation required to enable Attorney to provide competent representation. Client shall provide Attorney with changes to contact details.
8. GENERAL PROVISIONS: This written contract represents the entire agreement between the parties. Client acknowledges having read and understood the entire document. The contract cannot be amended or modified except in writing and acknowledged by all parties. Any dispute shall be reviewed pursuant to the Illinois Supreme Court Rules (Article VIII - Illinois Rules of Professional Conduct of 2010).
CLIENT INFORMATION: Client is advised not to accept any agreement that Client finds to be unsatisfactory or does not understand.
ATTORNEY INFORMATION: Attorney shall provide competent representation, which requires legal knowledge, skill, thoroughness and preparation to handle those matters set forth in the written engagement agreement. Once employed, Attorney shall act with reasonable diligence and promptness, as well as use best efforts on behalf of Client, but cannot guarantee results. During the course of representation and afterwards, Attorney may not use or reveal a client's confidence or secrets, except as required or permitted by law.
Michael E. Byczek, Attorney at Law
(Sole Practitioner licensed in Illinois)
Online Store: www.byczeklaw.com
Po Box 5983
Chicago, IL 60680-5983
Return to Byczek Law Online Store
Return to product page to send payment
Copyright © 2023. Michael E. Byczek. All Rights Reserved.