Online Attorney-Client Agreement
Customized Real Estate Deed for a Trust
1. PARTIES AND FORMATION OF ATTORNEY-CLIENT AGREEMENT: This Attorney-Client agreement has been entered into between the client who acknowledges this agreement ("Client") and authorizes Michael E. Byczek, an Illinois attorney, ("Attorney") to represent him/her/them, and Attorney, who has agreed to provide Client the below described legal services.
This written agreement is provided to Client through the Attorney's online store (www.byczeklaw.com) as part of a virtual legal office. Client was informed prior to sending payment to read and acknowledge this agreement. Confirmation of acknowledgement shall be sent via email to both Attorney and Client after Client enters his/her name through a website form and clicks the submit button.
An attorney-client relationship does not exist until both payment is received and this attorney-client agreement is acknowledged. If Client sends payment without acknowledging this agreement, Attorney shall provide an opportunity for Client to do so both online and in paper-format.
This Deed is intended to transfer real estate into a Living Trust. The Trust itself is the buyer for purposes of the real estate transaction. Client is the seller.
Client is required to provide a copy of the Trust or a statutory compliant certification.
If more than one person owns the real estate being transferred into the Trust, each must submit their own separate written attorney-client agreement.
CLIENT IS INFORMED NOT TO SEND PAYMENT UNLESS ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN THAT HE/SHE UNDERSTANDS THE LEGAL SERVICES BEING REQUESTED AND THAT THESE SERVICES ARE ONLY AVAILABLE TO ILLINOIS RESIDENTS OR FOR REAL ESTATE LOCATED IN ILLINOIS.
Attorney shall provide Client with every reasonable opportunity to acknowledge the attorney-client agreement if payment is sent first.
2. SCOPE OF LEGAL REPRESENTATION: Client represents that he/she/they are the owners of real estate located in Illinois and that Client are the trustees authorized to transfer the real estate into an existing Living Trust. Michael E. Byczek shall prepare a Deed to transfer ownership of the real estate into the Living Trust along with any required supporting documents (such as affidavits).
Legal services are only for preparation of the Deed and does not include recording the Deed with the local county recorder or payment of any transfer tax imposed by government.
If applicable, an amendment or similar provision may be incorporated into the existing Living Trust to properly add the real estate.
To prevent fraud, Attorney shall contact the owner of the real estate through U.S. Postal mail to confirm they are aware that a deed has been requested to transfer ownership. A verification code shall be provided to the owner before the Deed is delivered to the Client.
Under this attorney-client agreement, Attorney shall provide Client with documents for one-time personal use. Representation ends when all documents are delivered to Client.
After payment is received, Client shall be given access to a secure file sharing and collaboration platform. It is through this collaborative platform that Attorney shall request the necessary details to complete the Deed. The finalized document shall be uploaded to the collaborative platform for Client to securely download the files. All documents and files that are part of these legal services are transferred between Attorney and Client through a secure collaborative file sharing platform.
3. LIMITATION OF ATTORNEY DUTIES: Attorney shall, through professional courtesy, answer reasonable questions from Client about the documents. Attorney shall not answer any question that extends beyond clarification or constitutes general legal advice about a real estate transaction or estate plan. Client acknowledges that they are otherwise solely responsible for completing any blank provisions, having the document notarized, payment of transfer tax, and recording the document with local government. Attorney shall not provide any additional legal services once Client receives the uncompleted document.
4. LEGAL FEES: Client shall pay Attorney an upfront flat-fee of $99 prior to delivery of the above described documents. All documents shall be delivered via a secure collaborative file sharing platform.
Only one fee is required (a total of $99) regardless of how many individuals are involved with ownership, with regard to each submitting their own written agreement. It doesn't matter who sends the payment. Only one payment of $99 is required per deed.
5. CLIENT REPRESENTATIONS: Client represents that they are the owner of real estate located in Illinois and that they are authorized to transfer the real estate into an existing Living Trust. Client further represents that they intend to use the documents obtained from Attorney for lawful purposes.
Prospective clients are instructed not to request legal services, sign this agreement, or send any payment if they are not preparing the Deed as a legal party to a valid transaction.
An attorney cannot be required to engage in conduct which is illegal, unethical, or fraudulent. An attorney who cannot ethically abide by a client's directions shall be allowed to withdraw from representation.
6. TERMINATION OF ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP: Client may terminate this agreement at any time for any reason through written notice. Attorney reserves the right to withdraw from representing Client in certain limited circumstances, such as Client's refusal to provide requested information.
7. COMMUNICATION BETWEEN ATTORNEY AND CLIENT: Client consents for Attorney to contact them through text message, phone call, email, social media, or postal service. All notices that are required by this agreement shall be in writing, which includes email. Digital signatures satisfy any signature requirement. Client shall be truthful in all discussions with Attorney and provide all information or documentation required to enable Attorney to provide competent representation. Client shall provide Attorney with changes to contact details.
8. GENERAL PROVISIONS: This written contract represents the entire agreement between the parties. Client acknowledges having read and understood the entire document. The contract cannot be amended or modified except in writing and acknowledged by all parties. Any dispute shall be reviewed pursuant to the Illinois Supreme Court Rules (Article VIII - Illinois Rules of Professional Conduct of 2010).
CLIENT INFORMATION: Client is advised not to accept any agreement that Client finds to be unsatisfactory or does not understand.
ATTORNEY INFORMATION: Attorney shall provide competent representation, which requires legal knowledge, skill, thoroughness and preparation to handle those matters set forth in the written engagement agreement. Once employed, Attorney shall act with reasonable diligence and promptness, as well as use best efforts on behalf of Client, but cannot guarantee results. During the course of representation and afterwards, Attorney may not use or reveal a client's confidence or secrets, except as required or permitted by law.
Michael E. Byczek, Attorney at Law
(Sole Practitioner licensed in Illinois)
Online Store: www.byczeklaw.com
Po Box 5983
Chicago, IL 60680-5983
Return to Byczek Law Online Store
Return to product page to send payment
Copyright © 2023. Michael E. Byczek. All Rights Reserved.