Online Attorney-Client Agreement
Illinois Will - AI Legal Consultation
1. PARTIES AND FORMATION OF ATTORNEY-CLIENT AGREEMENT: This Attorney-Client agreement has been entered into between the client who acknowledges this agreement ("Client") and authorizes Michael E. Byczek, an Illinois attorney, ("Attorney") to represent him/her/them, and Attorney, who has agreed to provide Client the below described legal services.
This written agreement is provided to Client through the Attorney's online store (www.byczeklaw.com) as part of a virtual legal office. Client was informed prior to sending payment to read and acknowledge this agreement. Confirmation of acknowledgement shall be sent via email to both Attorney and Client after Client enters his/her name through a website form and clicks the submit button.
An attorney-client relationship does not exist until both payment is received and this attorney-client agreement is acknowledged. If Client sends payment without acknowledging this agreement, Attorney shall provide an opportunity for Client to do so both online and in paper-format.
CLIENT IS INFORMED NOT TO SEND PAYMENT UNLESS ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN THAT HE/SHE UNDERSTANDS THE LEGAL SERVICES BEING REQUESTED AND THAT THESE SERVICES ARE ONLY AVAILABLE TO ILLINOIS RESIDENTS.
2. SCOPE OF LEGAL REPRESENTATION: Client represents that he/she intends to write a Will as part of an estate plan as residents of the State of Illinois. Under this attorney-client agreement, Attorney shall review a Will written by Client to verify that the document complies with Illinois law and fulfills Client's estate plan intentions. This includes a Will generated through an AI platform, such as ChatGPT by OpenAI, or written by the Client from scratch based on do-it-yourself templates.
Attorney shall provide recommendations for Client to revise the Will, if necessary. If Client updates the Will based on these recommendations, Attorney shall perform one final review of the revised document.
For purposes of an online web-based attorney-client written agreement, each spouse (if applicable) is required to submit a separate agreement. One spouse may assume responsibility for communication, but each must separately acknowledge they have entered into an attorney-client agreement.
Services are for one-time personal use. Representation ends when the review is delivered, such as to Client via email. Client should not send the Will to Attorney until both this agreement and payment are sent to Attorney.
3. LIMITATION OF ATTORNEY DUTIES: Attorney shall, through professional courtesy, answer reasonable questions from Client about the documents. Attorney shall not answer any question that extends beyond clarification or constitutes general legal advice about an estate plan. Client acknowledges that they are otherwise solely responsible for completing any blank provisions, having the document witnessed, notarizing each page, and having the two witnesses notarize a separate affidavit. Client further acknowledges that after death, the Will must be submitted to Probate Court. Attorney shall not handle any of these acts, unless a separate agreement is signed. Under this agreement, Attorney shall only provide review of one or two Wills.
4. LEGAL FEES: Client shall pay Attorney an upfront flat-fee of $9.99 (one individual) or $14.99 (married couple with two Wills) prior to delivery of the above described review. All communication shall take place via email.
5. CLIENT REPRESENTATIONS: Client represents that they are writing their own personal estate plan and intend to use the services obtained from Attorney for lawful purposes.
Prospective clients are instructed not to request legal services, sign this agreement, or send any payment if they are not writing the estate plan for themselves.
An attorney cannot be required to engage in conduct which is illegal, unethical, or fraudulent. An attorney who cannot ethically abide by a client's directions shall be allowed to withdraw from representation.
6. TERMINATION OF ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP: Client may terminate this agreement at any time for any reason through written notice. Attorney reserves the right to withdraw from representing Client in certain limited circumstances, such as Client's refusal to provide requested information.
7. COMMUNICATION BETWEEN ATTORNEY AND CLIENT: Client consents for Attorney to contact them through text message, phone call, email, social media, or postal service. All notices that are required by this agreement shall be in writing, which includes email. Digital signatures satisfy any signature requirement. Client shall be truthful in all discussions with Attorney and provide all information or documentation required to enable Attorney to provide competent representation. Client shall provide Attorney with changes to contact details.
8. GENERAL PROVISIONS: This written contract represents the entire agreement between the parties. Client acknowledges having read and understood the entire document. The contract cannot be amended or modified except in writing and acknowledged by all parties. Any dispute shall be reviewed pursuant to the Illinois Supreme Court Rules (Article VIII - Illinois Rules of Professional Conduct of 2010).
CLIENT INFORMATION: Client is advised not to accept any agreement that Client finds to be unsatisfactory or does not understand.
ATTORNEY INFORMATION: Attorney shall provide competent representation, which requires legal knowledge, skill, thoroughness and preparation to handle those matters set forth in the written engagement agreement. Once employed, Attorney shall act with reasonable diligence and promptness, as well as use best efforts on behalf of Client, but cannot guarantee results. During the course of representation and afterwards, Attorney may not use or reveal a client's confidence or secrets, except as required or permitted by law.
Michael E. Byczek, Attorney at Law
(Sole Practitioner licensed in Illinois)
Online Store: www.byczeklaw.com
Po Box 5983
Chicago, IL 60680-5983
Return to Byczek Law Online Store
Return to product page to send payment
Copyright © 2023. Michael E. Byczek. All Rights Reserved.